Refer to our FAQs for all questions related to your MultiCa.
The following section provides information on the design of the card as well as the information stored on it and explains why it was named MultiCa.
Electronic purse & recharge terminals
The MultiCa has an integrated electronic purse allowing you to pay with it in the canteens, cafeterias and dorms of the Kölner Studentenwerk, the CUAS library and for photocopying. The electronic purse can be recharged at eight recharge terminals and at the cash registers of the cafeterias. Click here for more information on the electronic purse and the recharge terminals.
After having re-registered for a new semester, make sure to renew the validity imprint on the card. More information on validating your MultiCa and the location of the validation stations can be found here.
Receiving the card
Newly-enrolled students will receive their MultiCa by mail. Click here for more information.
What the MultiCa is and what it can do!
* The MultiCa is your student-ID card in German and English
* It functions as your library card and allows you to pay your library fees
* Its integrated purse allows you to pay with it at all canteens and cafeterias
* The MultiCa serves as your VRS semester ticket
* In addition, you can use the MultiCa for photocopying and to use our lockers
You will receive your MultiCa free of charge. Only if you lose it or have handled it improperly, will you have to pay a fee.
Data Security and Protection
No personal data is stored on your MultiCa. More information about the data stored on the chip and about data security and protection can be found on the following page.